The Village Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with the approval of Council. The position reports directly to the Mayor and is responsible for the following activities:
- Oversees the Maintenance and Recreation Departments.
- Works directly with existing and potential businesses in the Village on economic development issues. Business retention and expansion is the main focus of the Village Administrator's office.
- Acts as the liaison for the Hamilton County Department of Economic Development's "Enterprise Zone" program for commercial and industrial businesses.
- Acts as the Street Commissioner for the Village - all street and sidewalk opening permits must be obtained from the Administrator. The Administrator oversees all road repair work and improvements handled by the maintenance department, or projects that are bid out to a contractor and works directly with the Village Engineer on plan specification and design.
- Administers employee benefits program including: medical, dental and disability plans.
- Manages all Workers' Compensation claims/accounts.
- Researches and applies for various County, State and Federal grant opportunities for Village capital improvements, infrastructure, and recreational items.
- Acts as Purchasing Agent for the Village.